10 Wedding Reception Decoration Ideas on a Budget
1. Use White Christmas Lights. Many people use white Christmas lights all year round on their back porches as a simple and elegant decoration. And these lights can make a beautiful addition to any wedding reception venue! They can be hung from the ceiling, around tables, around the cake, or in potted plants. If you don’t want to use Christmas lights, consider lanterns instead.
2. Tie Ribbons. Seat covers can be expensive to rent and a lot of work to make. Instead of using seat covers, get some beautiful wide ribbon to tie on the backs of the chairs to add some elegance and spruce things up. Ribbon is a cheap alternative compared to fancy seat covers. Enlist the help of friends to get the ribbons cut and tied for the big day.
3. Add a Water Feature. A nice addition to the entrance of your reception would be a water fountain. It could even be a small one that you have in your home that sits on a table. The sound of a water fountain is so refreshing, and it would be nice for your guests to listen to as they can finally relax at the reception.
4. Use Feathers. Feathers are a big trend in wedding decor. Buy them in bulk from a craft store and create large feather wreaths to hang on the walls or add them to centerpieces of flowers for an elegant (and inexpensive) look.
5. Decorate with Food. The wedding food and drink menu you choose and the way it’s arranged on platters can add lots of pizzazz to your big day. Huge and assorted apothecary jars of candy on the dessert bar create a festive mood, while gorgeous trays and farm fresh cheeses and rustic bread can instantly make the party have a more organic feel.
6. Add Candles. There’s nothing more romantic than a dim room lit only by the glow of hundreds of candles. And luckily, candles are inexpensive.
7. Cover with Fabric. You can get yards of your favorite fabrics at a craft store and use it for everything from covering tables to draping from the ceiling (i.e. sheer fabrics work well for this and create a romantic atmosphere). Get creative with material to create a soft, intimate atmosphere.
8. Have a Picnic.
9. Display Your Engagement Photos.Your guests will love to look at your engagement photographs, and your reception is the perfect place to display them. In fact, your reception may be the only place that some of your guests will ever get to see your engagement photos. And while you’re at it, bring some of your favorite pictures of you and your spouse-to-be to show at the reception. If you are unsure about displaying them in frames or in a collage, consider creating a slide show for reception entertainment.
10. Have Fun with Flowers. An inexpensive way would be to us silk flowers or fresh ones ordered from an online wholesaler to save money on wedding flower arrangements.